A MINI FRENCH DRUGSTORE HAUL

Leave a Comment



Due to my long break from blogging while trekking Paris, I had a backlog of photographs that I had intended to turn into posts but I never got around to it. On my first day in Paris I uploaded a mini pharmacy haul, and this was the makeup counterpart! Arriving on European soil I found a plethora of new products that I had never seen before from brands I love. I tried to keep my composure and only pick up things I knew were going to be amazing so I didn't blow my budget in my first week, which would have been a tragedy.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Créme De Rose'
This is a product I have been eyeing up since it launched in America many, many months ago - so naturally, my heart skipped a beat when I saw it. For some reason I had always been reluctant to invest in the MAC Pain Pots and had seen a lot of comparison made between the two. As I have never tried the Paint Pots I can't vouch for this, however I can say that they are an amazing base that cancels out all discolouration on the lids. There is a big difference in the longevity of my eye makeup as well and no creasing whatsoever!

L'Oreal L'Ombre Pure in 'Nude'
This shadow threw me when I first swatched it, but in an amazing way! The shade is absolutely stunning and a smooth, almost metallic, taupe is exactly what I was missing in my collection. I expected the formulation of this to be powdery, pigmented and quite standard in terms of shadows. However, it is almost a cream and applies in that same highly opaque and smooth way that cream shadows do! This looks so, so stunning on the lids especially with a grey in the crease. This is one of those products that make you look like you've put a lot more effort into your makeup than you really have, which is perfect!

Sephora Cream Lip Stain in '13'
I could not celebrate my first time in Sephora without picking up their most famous product! Of course, since I am boring, I opted for the most neutral shade available. There is nothing boring about this product, though. It lasts beautifully on the lips and lived up to the hype, perhaps even beyond! My only complaint is the colour selection - it is quite limited and caters to the bold lip fans.

Essie Nail Polish in 'Wicked'
As soon as fall started to roll around I realised I hadn't packed a quintessential part of my fall beauty stash - a deep, oxblood red polish. While browsing the incredibly large selection, I settled on a classic - Essie's 'Wicked'. This shade is beyond perfect, applies wonderfully and is opaque instantly - the only downfall is it's lasting power which is a problem I seem to have with all polishes.

So that's the end of my first french beauty haul - only eight months overdue! I still use all of these products consistently and can say after eight months my opinion on them hasn't changed. Have you tried any of these products?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig