APPS THAT MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON

Leave a Comment

Provocative title, non? But in all seriousness, I definitely tend to turn to apps when it comes to making a habit, breaking a habit or for general self improvement needs - the life of a phone addict. There are some great ones out there and some not-so-great ones that seem great for the first five minutes until they ask you to subscribe to keep using - non merci. I've tried them all, trust me, and I've weeded through the good and the bad to help bring you this curation of the very best apps the app store has to offer.

COACH.ME - Link
This app is centred around making and breaking habits. The interface is modern and simple, which I love, and is based around a simple swipe left and swipe right method depending on whether you did or didn't do a task that day. It's super customisable, up to the point where you can state how many days a week you'd like to do a certain task. Some of my personal habits are 'Be Grateful', 'Practice French', 'Meditate', and 'Write Three Positive Things About Today'. There is also a very large community aspect to this app, so if you're interested you can join community habits, chat about progress and share tips. The best part is that it's one of the few free habit making apps, yet it's one of the best I've seen!

GRID DIARY - Link
I have always wanted to keep a '5 Year Diary' or something of the like, but I always forget to buy one let alone write in it daily. This is the app equivalent that gives you eight boxes to fill in, each of them completely customisable. You can use the default questions, customise them with their extensive list or even add in your own questions. Some of mine are "Am I being who I most want to be today?", "What inspiration did I have today?" and "What are three good things about today?". The beauty of this app is that it can be whatever you want it to be, a positivity journal, a productivity tracker - anything. You can also change the questions daily, it's completely customisable.

DUOLINGO - Link
I was really trying to be original when it came to writing this as things like Wanderlist, Evernote and Duolingo always pop up in these posts - but I just love this app too much not to mention it. If the thought of learning a language seems daunting to you, promise me you'll give this a try. It's by no means the way to learn a language in its entirety. You won't become the most fluent, eloquent speaker out there, but it's an amazing base and really gives you something fun and interactive to work through alongside some formal study or just as a 'brain training' type exercise. I used it for a month or two before I came to Paris and I was actually really surprised when I realised how much of the French I knew came from Duolingo! You definitely learn more than you even know you're learning.

TED - Link
I love Ted talks as much as the next person, but when I jump on the internet for video watching I usually end up watching vlogger after vlogger. Having the app not only reminds me to watch them, but enables me to listen to them as I fall asleep. Obviously I avoid the more dramatic and empowering ones right before bed, but they are just a really nice thing to watch as you drift off to sleep especially since you can listen to them with your eyes closed. They're also great to listen to on the go, so having the app is perfect for this as well.

VOGUE - Link
Maybe this doesn't make you a better person, but it most definitely makes me a happier one. I love Vogue and I love reading their articles, so when I'm away from my computer I want to stay connected and be able to catch up on what I've missed overnight. Vogue is a really great resource if you love keeping up with fashion news, but it also provides great lifestyle pieces as well - so there is definitely something for everyone.

FITSTAR YOGA - Link
Yoga is one of those things I've always sworn I will get into, but somehow always seem to forget about. This app is a really great way to do yoga alone in your home and really get a feel for what it's all about. I have really, really enjoyed working though some of these classes and definitely felt my muscles aching the next day. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to try yoga out, or even for someone more experienced who wants some guidance in practicing yoga at home. The free features on this app are limited in a way, but there is definitely enough content to get you started and decide if you would want to upgrade to the paid version or not.

I really hope this roundup was a little more unique than many and you found something you hadn't heard of before! What app do you feel makes you a better person?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig