August Favourites

Leave a Comment

Happy September, everyone! Last month was largely comprised of preparation, packaging and saying goodbyes. While there was a lot of room for beauty shopping while I was out and about buying essentials, I held back in anticipation of the shopping that would come in Paris, and for this reason most of my favourites this month are old products that have stood the test of time for me.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in 'Genuine Plum'

This has been a favourite for a long time now, as not only is it that perfect mauvey toned neutral blush, but it's also matte! This just looks lovely on the cheeks, and I was rocking it in the winter months in Australia and now even in the tail end of the French summer it's more than appropriate. It works with almost every look and you can sheer it out or build it up, depending on what kind of look you're going for. I would recommend any shade of these blushes, as they all seem equally as amazing! Santa Rose is another to try, especially if you love some shimmer in your blushes.

Maybelline Tenue & Strong Pro in 'Sea Sky'

Technically I got this in the last week of August, so it can't really be a favourite yet, but I'm throwing it in because I love it so much and I fear I'll pick up more and this will get left out of my September favourites! The formulation of this polish is lovely and very long wearing - not to mention the colour. I've been doing dishes, opening packages - everything, and there is minimal chipping and only on the very tips which is not noticeable.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Tough as Taupe'

This is my answer to the Anastasia Dip Brow, as I find it so difficult to select my shade online! This is that perfectly ashy, brown brow that can be so hard to find, especially in the pharmacies. I find this can create a very bold and defined look or a natural look, just depending how heavy handed you are with a brush. I highly recommend anyone with medium to dark blonde hair, as it really does work wonders.

E.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush

I originally bought this with the intention of using it as a concealer brush, and I did for some time, however I soon reverted back to my Real Techniques sponge and this was left to the wayside. That was until I picked up Mary-Lou Manizer, and then this became my go to highlighter brush. It's the perfect size and just the right amount of fluffiness for highlighting, so it creates the perfect look each time!

The Balm Mary-Loud Manizer Highlight

I've already written a giant rave review on this product, but I thought I would throw it in my favourites to reiterate just how much I have been loving this! It's stunning no matter the time nor season if a gorgeous, healthy glow is what your'e after. What is so great about this is that it can be packed on or sheered out depending if you want a subtle glow or wet looking cheeks, which is great as you don't need two separate highlights to achieve both looks!

What has been your number one favourite this August?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig