A Happy Accident

Leave a Comment
When I reached for this powder, everything from the packaging to the glistening dome telltale of baked products made me expect a Mineralized Skin Finish dupe - but what I found was even better. The Models Prefer Mineral Powder in 'Soft Focus' is definitely designed to give a glow to the skin, but not in a way that you have to apply it sparingly or you'll look like a disco ball. This is more of a finishing powder that you can dust where you wish to get that natural, lit from within glow that we all try to replicate.

What I want to compare this to so badly are the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I have never tried them on my face, so I cannot make this claim myself, but after doing some research I have seen a lot of these comparisons drawn and even some side by side swatches that look near identical. This is a product that I have wanted to try for a very long time but I haven't made the jump yet, and I know a lot of people are in the same boat, so this is a great first step to see if they are something I would use a lot.

Applying this powder, you don't need to think. I dust it over my cheeks, across my forehead, my nose... Anywhere that I want to have that lovely glow. I have to say here that I'm a glitter-phobe and it has made me such a tough critic when it comes to highlighters. For me to dust this over the majority of my face says a lot to how natural of an effect it produces, especially when applied with a big, fluffy brush. This can definitely be built up on the cheekbones for a very natural looking highlight too, which is great as sometimes you don't want that glowing wet look for everyday wear.

If this is available to you, I definitely recommend it! Have you ever had a happy accident when it comes to a beauty product?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig