The Review: Garnier BB Cream

19 comments

My first ever makeup product was the original Garnier BB and I remember picking it up so vividly. I wanted something to just enhance my skin a little without looking like foundation and something that could be worn alone without any other makeup. This product does exactly that, and while the original definitely needed to be thorougly powdered, this formula has a more matte finish which I love even more.

I am a huge fan of BB creams and generally like every one I try. It's hard to go wrong with such a light coverage, and while I do have preferences I have never been disappointed completely. Regardless of what BB's I try I always come back to the Garnier one. There are a few in the range that you can pick and choose from to suit your taste, but this is my favourite that I've tried so far. The coverage is "barely there" but it definitely noticeably enhances yet there is no noticeable product on the skin.

My go to base is usually this with concealer as a spot treatment for under the eyes and any redness. This method is my personal favourite when it comes to base application as your skin looks naturally flawless and as if you've done nothing to it at all.

Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for a lighter "perfecting" kind of base. Something to keep in mind when selecting your match is that while this is the oil free formula, I don't have oily skin and the other was too shiny standalone and needed to be powdered.

What is your favourite "barely there" product?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments:

  1. I don't know why but this bb cream does not work goo on me :(
    littletasteofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never actually tried a BB cream! Cute post :)

    Fae xo | SodaBerries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked BB creams until I tried this one ! It's perfect. Needs to be powdered but has really decent coverage and feels really light.

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. My face is so red, I need better coverage but for summer I love BB creams!

    http://electricfeel-now.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard lots of mixed reviews, I think it really depends on your skin type with these formulas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand what you mean! They're perfect for the warmer months. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thik I'll take a look at this!

    Ellie xx
    http://thoughts-of-a-fashion-lover.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great dupe for my current barely there fav the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. x
    kittymakesup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great
    Im loving Mac's BB Cream atm so will definitely have to try this
    Love your blog,
    Im now following you via BlogLovin
    Rachel XX
    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it ~
    www.makeupforunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab review! I only just started using BB cream recently but wish I'd starter earlier. My barely there product is Benefit's 'Hello Flawless' powder - so much coverage without looking like I'm wearing anything! xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds amazing! I'll definitely check it out next time I'm at the Benefit counter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never tried MAC's BB cream! My sister actually recommended face and body to me since I love light coverage, I wonder how they compare. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so much about the Laura Mercier one! Definitely on my to try list. x

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig