When It's All Too Much

17 comments

Sometimes life decides to throw you everything at once, and that is definitely what I feel like at the moment. It can be so hard to disregard what is going on in your personal life for a moment and to just get on with what you need to do, especially if you're someone who can't stop thinking. These are a few things I've learnt to help me get by and stay sane during periods like this.

Keep Busy
This is such an annoying piece of advice to receive, but it is so true. Keeping busy, whether it be immersing yourself in work or hanging out with friends, it is so crucial when it comes to taking your mind off of things. If you are sitting around and your mind is not occupied, it will always drift back to whatever problems you are experiencing. I find that after a busy day when I'm taking some time at night to wind down, I will realise that I didn't think about something all day long, and that is progress.

Don't Let It Consume You
While it is necessary to reflect on what has happened and think about what you can do to fix or change the situation, thinking about it too much can have adverse effects. Give yourself time to wallow or to think, but after that make sure you snap out of it and do something for you. Problems in life really can become all consuming if you let them, and this can create more issues than it fixes.

Put It Into Perspective
While something may seem like the end of the world to you, chatting with a friend can reveal a perspective you've never thought about before. Sometimes things aren't really as bad as we think, and finding this out is such a welcome relief. Definitely try to talk to a trusted friend about your feelings, and maybe the can offer you something you never considered, or reveal to that the situation isn't as bad as you thought. Either way, it sometimes just feels good to let it all out.

Look After Yourself
It can be so easy to skip meals or lose sleep when your stomach is in knots, but you need to put yourself first. Really take this time to look after yourself as you usually would, but also treat yourself a little more than usual. It will make you feel better, trust me.

What do you like to do when things get a bit much?


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments:

  1. The "keep busy" piece of advise is VERY true. I can personally attest to that. Life has't been a cake walk these past few years, and I've kept my sanity by staying very busy. Thanks for the post!! I like it, not your usual, but still very good reading!


    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, it means a lot! Keeping busy probably is the most important thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think that keeping busy can help so much, challenging energy into something you love is a good distraction xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice. I've also recently found myself a little overwhelmed in certain areas of my life. I managed to come through ok, but "keeping busy" was something I had forgotten to do. You're right it can be crucial to taking your mind off of what's bothering you!


    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your posts are so lovely! x

    lotsofloveliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with all the points you mentioned, especially "keep busy"

    lisa | lisaxbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope whatever you're going through will resolve itself in due course and you find yourself in better spirits soon. All your tips are great advice - especially talking to a friend and taking care of yourself. I find sleep really works wonders to restore some perspective and take the edge off anxieties that might have plagued you the previous day. It might not be completely gone, but bit by bit, the passing days diminish them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I have been stressing out lately too and this post just gave me some confidence to get through the challenges thrown my way. I hope you feel the same! Keep moving forward!


    maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep busy and look after yourself is what I need to do. But, that pouch is awwwww!

    + notjaya.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely! Thank you for stopping by. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking can honestly be the worst thing. While you do need to think about it, there is a healthy and an unhealthy level - striking the balance can be hard. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sleep is such an important one! It's so true what they say about sleeping on something, as you do feel so different in the morning. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! I hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we all need to do it, it just sometimes takes a reminder! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post! Thanks for sharing. I love the photos on your blog, they're very inspirational. Will be back for more.


    www.makeupmusingsandmechanics.com

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig