The Review: Maybelline's Brow Drama

24 comments

Brows are by far my most favourite part of my makeup routine. Filling them in makes all the difference to my look and I love reading about new products to try. When I saw that Maybelline were coming out with an eyebrow gel I was so excited, especially since they are one of my favourite pharmacy brands.

I've read a lot of reviews on this product that were negative but decided to give it a go anyway. The two major complaints were the shade range and the brush being too large. There are no arguments to be made when it comes to the range of colours to choose from, I luckily fit into the category of people who's shade is available. However, I've had no trouble with the brush size whatsoever, it actually fits perfectly to my brow shape and makes doing the job so much quicker.

When it comes to formulation this is amazing. My eyebrows don't feel stiff or crunchy and actually feel like there's no product on them at all. The pigment in the gel definitely tints them, though I still like filling them in regardless. Another great thing about this product is that there is no drying period where you eyebrows are left looking wet - they look perfect right away.

I think if you have medium to dark hair and medium to thick eyebrows you will love this product. If you have lighter hair or thin brows I'm no so sure you would get along due to the colour selection and the brush being large, unless you don't mind a tiny bit of clean up after application.

What is your favourite brow product?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

24 comments:

  1. I love bold brows! Just not on me, i have very light brows, so i think it would look weird if i died them :P

    NelliesCloset

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a lot of negative reviews at first and now a lot of positive ones. I'm very excited as I have dark hair and thick eyebrows. I've never tried a brow product before but really how much of a difference it creates so I want to try this x


    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting review! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really like to try this as I have dark brows, and I'd like to see how it compares to Benefit Gimme Brow xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great, but I just can´t seem to work out what to do with my brows. They might just stay as they are :D

    http://electricfeel-now.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. My absolute favourite brow product is the soap&glory archery. It works wonder on me. But there aren't a lot of shades available either.
    I was thinking about trying this one but as my problem is mainly gaps I don't think it'll help.

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I addddoooore the brush but my brows are probably too light for this. Boo! Haha.

    xo,
    Lela
    ( Enter to win my Youtube comp! - http://www.lelalondon.com/2014/09/youtube-giveaway-win-google-nexus-7/ )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope they extend the range because it's such a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a lot of friends who are in the same boat, but they say you can go one to two shades darker if you have light hair. Maybe just experiment with some matte shadows in your collection just to see what it looks like. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like this would work great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! And I'll definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This doesn't really seem to have the fibres that gimme brow does, but as a tinted gel it's great. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It can be hard to tell what will look good, I started by experimenting with some matte shadows just to see what I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have sparse areas too so I can't use this standalone really, but in place of a brow gel it looks a lot nicer than some I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have only been getting into the #BrowGame recently and on the hunt for something just like this! Thanks for sharing.

    Shanna | My Curves and Lashes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried this a while ago and I didn't like it - I love the tweezerman brow mousse x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't even know Tweezerman did a brow mousse! I'll definitely check it out. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brow products are some of my favourite, they make such a difference! Definitely experiment with different products and your #browgame routine will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also have this product and I like it, even if I have to say that I didn't try any other brow gel other than this one so I cannot compare it to something else.
    I thought the brush was pretty big when I saw it, but then I had no difficulty in using it.


    indiellie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's one of the better formulas of brow gels that I've tried. Apparently Gimme Brow is above and beyond any brow product, but I'm holding back on it for awhile because of the price. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post and Review thanks for some new tips <3
    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you already have quite full brows this on it's own would work so well for you, especially when you're in a rush and don't have too much time to spend on your brows!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was so excited for this product because there are so few drugstore brow products but I've heard so many mixed reviews. Now if I can only find a display with it, I'd love to try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It seems like people either really love it or really hate it! If you can find your shade and don't have super thin eyebrows I'm sure you'd get along with it just fine. x

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig