The Review: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Dark Night Water-Loops'

21 comments




This is a formula of lipsticks I had heard countless rave reviews on, but every time I approached the Rimmel stand I could never find a shade that I was completely head over heels with. That was until I saw Amelia over at Amelia Liana use 'Dark Night Water-Loops' in a day-to-night tutorial. As a big fan of a dark, bold lip I was instantly obsessed and knew I had to pick it up for myself. Unfortunately, this shade hadn't been released yet in Australia so I did some hunting around and found it on Feel Unique, which is what spurred me on to make my NUXE Rêve De Miel purchase a few posts ago.

Hands down, this is one of the best lipstick formulations I have ever tried, affordable or not. They are so incredibly pigmented, especially considering just how moisturising they are, and they go on like a dream. Because they are a moisture rich lipstick the staying power isn't number one in my collection, but it is still really great and with a shade as dark as this, it leaves a stain on the lips regardless. I wear this particular shade with a lipliner to improve longevity, but I don't think this a lipstick to use when you are eating and drinking if you want it to last through without a touchup.

Overall, I am obsessed and I need to pick up more shades - I am already eyeing up 'Vintage Pink'. What colour from this line would you recommend?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

21 comments:

  1. This just looks so pretty, the colour is so so soooo perfect for autumn/winter! x


    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. The colour of that lipstick looks amazing. I do like Rimmel lipsticks. They never make my lips feel dried out or like the lipstick is caked on. Great formulas. x


    thelensaffairs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're definitely my favourite affordable lipstick brand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, I've been looking for this shade but can't seem to find it in the drugstore

    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a beautiful shade!


    www.saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rimmel lipsticks do have amazing formulas - this is such a gorgeous shade!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is stunning.. this is my favourite drugstore lipstick formula by far xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about these too, but I'm the same and never really fell in love with any of the shades! The ones they didn't release here, are the ones I want! Damn, haha! This shade is a stunner though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely suss out Feel Unique because they have free shipping when you spend over $20 AUD! They also have a lot of great things that aren't available in Australia yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rimmel lipstick such great lipsticks and so affordable. This is great colour and perfect for this time of year I need to pick it up.

    Zeynab x

    the Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this colour is stunning - dying to try this range of lipstick now! :)


    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning shade, definitely want to get into dark shades!

    Alice, That Fashion Victim x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an awesome colour, love the case too
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely give them a go, I'm sure you'd love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give them a go! They aren't as scary as they look. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just bought this beauty a few weeks back! Isn't it stunning?!

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like such a gorgeous shade. I want!

    Natalie xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This shade is simply awesome! Most definitely going to buy it!
    http://heyitsnefele.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOO a darker vampy sahde for sure. actually vintage pink is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE shades. a great purple mauve that just perfect!! you should totally get it.

    Jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig